I was asked to keep alcoholism, bipolar disorder secret: Honey Singh

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
_68e09d54f65511e5860da0ffe8a3a28fJPG-1.jpg

“I am out and feeling good,” says singer-rapper Yo Yo Honey Singh, as he gets talking about “the darkest period of his life”. The singer had recently opened up about his 18-month battle with bipolar disorder. Yo Yo confesses that his celebrity friends had asked him not to make public his illness but he said he did so because he considers himself the property of his fans.
“ I am courageous since birth. I have always been singing about lots of things that are very new to the Indian music scene. When this thing happened, a lot of my celebrity friends said, ‘Keep it to yourself. Don’t let people know.’ I said, ‘No. I am not my own property; I am not my parent’s property. I am my fans’ property.’ I want to tell everybody how this thing captures you and kills you every day. The disease is very dangerous. I don’t want this to happen to anybody ever.”

Also rubbishing rumours about his disappearance, he adds, “There were lots of rumors when I was sick, that I am in a rehab. There were rumors I was taking drugs. It’s nothing like that. I have never been to any rehab. I was throughout in my house in Noida. My treatment was going on in Noida itself.”
Honey credits his family for his healthy return to the industry. He says, “I will keep doing what I was doing. I am out of it. And feeling great.My family is the main reason that I am back. When I was suffering from the disease, I was very scared to talk to people even if it meant, speaking to them over the phone. I wasn’t able to watch TV or listen to radio. A person like me who used to perform in front of 40,000 people, would get scared of four-five people. I must say I was an alcoholic and I asked the doctor if alcohol was the reason for the disorder. He said no, it could happen to anybody. He had 13-year-old patients, men and women who had never had alcohol.”

Speaking about the alleged tiff with actor Shah Rukh Khan, Honey, says, “Nothing like that ever happened. It was never there. He loves me like a younger brother.”
The singer who is gearing up for the release of his upcoming Punjabi film,confesses that he never gets serious in his life. Ask him it was difficult fitting into his character of a soldier in his upcoming film, Honey says, “There are far better actors than me in the Punjab industry- Diljit Dosanjh, Gippy Grewal, Amrinder Gill are brilliant actors. I am just a new kid on the block. There were scenes where I had to be very serious and as a person I am not at all serious. I am like crazy and on fire all the time. I found the script to be tough and playing the character was also difficult. This film has got lots of drama in it and to act in a drama movie is a tough job. I give all the credit to the director Vinnil Markan and my co artist Pavan Malhotra who supported me a lot and taught me a lot about acting.”
Singh also reacts to Raftaar’s recent statement where he said he still considers Honey his brother. “I don’t want to say anything about these boys. Let them say what they want to say. Main bolunga toh bologe ki bolta hai.”