I’m ready to resign, says Jagbir Brar

Lily

B.R
Staff member
Khatkar Kalan March 27:

Rebel Akali MLA Jagbir Singh Brar said that he was ready to submit his resignation to the Vidhan Sabha Speaker. “The resignation will be submitted to the Speaker immediately after I got instructions in this regard from my leader Manpreet Singh Badal,” said Brar.

Manpreet, who was expelled from the SAD, submitted his resignation to the Speaker today. Brar and other rebel Akali MLA, Manjinder Singh Kang, were not expelled from the party and they continued to be SAD MLAs. However, they stayed away from the Budget session. “I will also talk to Kang before submitting the resignation,” said Brar.

Though it is not confirmed, Brar may submit his resignation on March 28, a day after the launching of a new political party by Manpreet. Meanwhile, Brar alleged that SAD and Congress leaders were working in tandem against Manpreet and his associates. “Masked understanding between the SAD and the Congress against Manpreet was fully exposed.

The SAD leadership did not stop transporters from giving buses to Congress leaders for a rally at Khatkar Kalan on March 23. But officials of the Transport Department, on instructions from SAD leaders, today worked overtime to prevent transporters from providing buses to Manpreet’s supporters to ferry people to Khatkar Kalan for tomorrow’s rally,” alleged Brar.