I hope my part is not shown in Dhoni’s biopic: Laxmi Raai

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
lakshmirailaxmirai_16438e98823d11e6b8562-1.jpg

Chennai-based actor Laxmi Raai, who is making her Bollywood debut this year, is surprised to see stories about her relationship with cricketer MS Dhoni surfacing yet again ahead of the release of his biopic.

“It’s so strange that people are unnecessarily focusing on my past. While I and Dhoni have moved on, it looks like some people are still stuck with it. It’s been eight years that chapter got over for me,” says Raai who was allegedly dating Dhoni in 2008 during IPL.

“I was the brand ambassador for the team that he was a part of and we were together for less than a year. We had never committed to each other and never thought of getting married either, so I don’t understand why people would talk about us. It didn’t work for us, so we moved on,” adds the actor.

Actor Laxmi Raai has acted in several Southern films and will soon make her Bollywood debut.

While Dhoni’s biopic talks about one of his ex-girlfriends Priyanka Jha who died in an accident, speculations are rife that Raai’s part might also be shown in the film. “I hope not. Though there was an indirect approach to know the story from my side but I have not given any such consent so they cannot claim a relationship existed unless they take names in the film,” she says adding, “(Also) it’s not that he (Dhoni) has dated only me in his life. There have been other girls too that he’s been in relationship with after me. And a biopic is much more than just girls and relationships.”

Cricketer MS Dhoni’s biopic stars Sushant Singh Rajput, Kiara Advani and Disha Patani in lead roles. (PTI)

As Dhoni tied the knot with Sakshi Rawat in 2010, Raai expected it will put an end to all the reports but she feels sad when it pops up again. “I want to tell the world that we are two different phases now, looking at our respective careers. We felt sorry for each other but we’ve not been in touch ever since. There needs to be a full stop to all these baseless link-ups now.”

On whether it was a one-sided relationship and if that’s the reason it didn’t work, she simply refuses it. “That’s not true. When things were actually happening, nobody spoke about it and now false rumours are being spread. It’s really difficult for me to handle this, especially when I am seeing someone else. Maybe it was a different combination of an actress dating a cricketer, it created the best gossip,” shares Raai.