I don't accept this ban, it's unfair: Shoaib

HoneY

MaaPeya Da LaaDLa
Islamabad: Fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar made it clear on Tuesday that he would take legal course to get the five-year ban imposed on him the by Pakistan Cricket Board overturned.

"I have always given my best for my country and the national team. I do not accept this ban. It is a harsh and unfair decision as far as I am concerned," he said in a statement shortly after the Board announced the ban on him for repeated violations of the players code of conduct and acts of indiscipline.

"I am shocked at this decision. I was expecting them to be lenient because I went and apologised for my actions and statement to the disciplinary committee today," he said.

Shoaib said he would hire the best lawyers to go and fight his case in court as he had the right to appeal against the ban.

"I will try to get this ban overturned. Because it is a stigma for me and a blot on all the efforts I have put in for Pakistan team," he added.

PCB Chairman Nasim Ashraf told a news conference the authorities had "lost confidence in Shoaib" and had "enough" of his habitual indiscipline.

He said the pacer had become a damaging influence on the team and the Board was sad but had no option but to accept the ban recommended by the disciplinary committee.

Shoaib accused some people within the Board and Pakistan cricket of trying to destroy his career and cooking up controversies.

Reactions: 011