I could not have asked for anything more, says Sachin Tendul

Lily

B.R
Staff member
3459128546.jpg
Mumbai: They won the World Cup for this special man — Sachin Tendulkar.

When Gulf News asked Mahendra Singh Dhoni how it felt to win it for him, he said: "We have kept our word, and since we are celebrating we have hardly spoken to each other."

The normally non-expressive Dhoni hugged Tendulkar for a long time.

So when Tendulkar was asked how he feels over the victory, though drenched in champagne, he said: "I could not have asked for anything more. It is the proudest moment of my life."

Some members draped the Indian flag on him and before he was carried away by the players on their shoulders, he quickly added: "It was worth the wait. I want to thank my teammates, as without them nothing would have happened."

Emotional

Tendulkar even turned emotional. "These are tears of joy... I cannot control them."

He went on to praise Mike Horn, the team's psychologist, for praise.

"Horn helped us to cope with the pressure and expectations."

What is the secret of success for this team?

"We all played together as a unit. We were keen to prove to the people who doubted our abilities that they are wrong," he said.

However, he mentioned that it also was self- belief that finally won the team victory.

"For the last two years we have been performing consistently and it has a lot to do with the self- belief in the team.

"Frankly, it is a great honour to be part of this team," he said, though all players feel otherwise they consider it great to have played alongside this legend.

"My special thanks to Gary Kirsten [coach] and Paddy Upton [mental conditioning coach]," he said.

The whole stadium gave Tendulkar a standing ovation as he held on to the World Cup and screamed in joy.

It was an unusual expression of joy from a man who has decided to make the world wait for his 100th century.

[/img][/COLOR]