Hotel stay brings back memories

Lily

B.R
Staff member
2677568097.jpg
Mumbai: Staying at the Hotel Taj for the World Cup final has been an emotional experience for most of the Indian players — as it was the scene of the infamous terrorist attack on November 26, 2008.

Indian skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni, asked how it felt, said: "It is a very emotional feeling considering what happened there.

"But it was equally touching that we were greeted so well by the hotel staff.

"Definitely there were some sombre memories.

"I can clearly remember those days. But we need to remain calm and composed and focused on our job.

"Hopefully, as we turn up at the field we will be at our best."

Dedication

Opening batsman Gautam Gambhir even went on to remark that if India won, he would dedicate the victory to the people who lost their lives that day.

"The win against Pakistan and, if we win the final, both should be dedicated to the victims of the terror attack," he said, speaking yesterday.

Gambhir remarked that when India beat Pakistan, he felt extremely happy but went on to appeal to the youngsters to work harder to create a stronger India.

Gambhir also used the opportunity to hit out at Ian Chappell who wrote in his column that he should not be in the team.

Out of proportion

"Our media should not blow out of proportion the opinion of former cricketers," he said.

"It is easy for Chappell to sit in an air-conditioned box and pass judgements.

"If my team feels they want me to serve drinks, then I will do it happily."

[/img][/COLOR]