‘Hope Bishen doesn’t get to hear this’

Lily

B.R
Staff member
2499563734.jpg
Mohali: Yuvraj Singh had a tough time on Tuesday evening — a tougher task than handling India's batting and bowling. Being a local boy, Singh is popular here and hence he was flooded with requests for tickets.

At the Hotel Taj lobby, he was heard telling a group that was milling around him: "Please don't ask me for tickets. I haven't got any. All that I have got to offer is my autograph. You can take as many as you want, but please don't ask for match tickets," he pleaded. There is a group of female fans who sport T-shirts bearing Yuvraj's image and they make sure to offer him Punjabi delicacies whenever India play a match in Punjab. When this group came to meet him, Yuvraj was heard telling them in Punjabi: "Tusi kitne bade ho gaye ho [you guys have grown up]."

Following Yuvraj's fine left-arm spin bowling, when a fan called him ‘Bishen' (a throw-back to former India left-arm spinning great Bishen Singh Bedi), Yuvraj said: "I hope Bishen paaji [elder brother] does not get to hear this!"

Harbhajan Singh, who went to seek his mother's blessing in Jalandhar, suddenly arrived at the hotel. Harbhajan ordered the security to let in Ravi Sharma, the city's most famous astrologer, who was seen speaking to Harbhajan for a while.

Meanwhile, Pakistan cricketers Mohammad Hafeez and Kamran Akmal were seen chatting with India's Munaf Patel and Ashish Nehra in the coffee shop.

Suddenly there was talk of Bollywood stars Aamir Khan, Abhishek Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan attending the match and the group of girls crowding around Yuvraj rushed to the lobby to check the veracity of the news.

[/img][/COLOR]