Hit-and-run: Decision to change morning walk route cost 45-yr-old his life

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
janakpuriqualitychoudharyhindustanpeople-1.jpg

A decision to change the route of his morning walk cost Kameshwar Prasad (45) his life. Prasad had changed his route only a few days ago. His nephew, Arjun Kumar, said Prasad usually took a different road to his house in Sagarpur while returning from the park.

Prasad was run over by a speeding Honda City Car on Monday morning, along with two other men. Another person, Ashwani Anand, died in the accident, and the third person Santosh, a car cleaner is in hospital with critical injuries.
“For the last 2-3 days, my uncle had been taking a different route. He did not want to walk by the same way every day. Had he been taking his original route, he would have been with us right now,” said Kumar.

Prasad, a clerk with the ministry of information and technology, is survived by his wife and two kids — a son in class 12 and a daughter in class 10, both studying in Kendriya Vidyalaya. Prasad, originally from Siwan in Bihar was the sole bread winner of the family. His family said that he was promoted as an upper division clerk a year ago.
“After all these years of working in Delhi, my uncle had built a house in Sagarpur. He had taken a house loan to build and then furnish the house. I am worried how the loan will be repaid,” he said.
Prasad had recently returned to the city after fixing up his niece’s marriage. He had also bought a motorcycle.
“That car came from nowhere. It happened in a second. We did not even have the time to react. The moment I turned my back I saw Anand’s body lying at a distance. He was hit head on by that speeding car,” said Vinod Kumar Mehta, who was walking with Anand, 67.
Mehta is a retired army official and lives in the Janakpuri neighbourhood. The accident, captured on CCTV, shows the two friends walking side by side, seconds before Anand is flung away by the car. The two friends met around 4 years ago at the Ram Mandir DDA Park and had become walking partners.
“Anand was a person who made everyone happy. The atmosphere always used to be dull on the days when he did not come to the park,” Mehta said.
Anand had taken a break from his business of car tyres and lived with his wife Mamta Anand in Janakpuri. The couple has two daughters, one of whom is settled in the US.