Hazare says comparison with Gandhi is unfair

Lily

B.R
Staff member
267884320.jpg
New Delhi: A day after social activist Anna Hazare called off his fast against corruption, many of his admirers hoped it would bear fruit, with children calling him the ‘Gandhi of our times'.

"I have read that Gandhi was great, but I could never see him. I didn't know who was Anna Hazare, but now I call him my Gandhi," Subah Saluja, a grade 11 pupil from St Michael's School, said.

However, Hazare said it was unfair to compare him with the Father of the Nation Mahatma Gandhi. "It is unfair to compare me with Gandhiji. I am not even worthy to sit near his feet. He was a barrister and I am less educated,' he told reporters here. Denying any differences among activist leaders, Hazare said that the process of drafting the Lokpal Bill needed experienced people and law experts on the panel.

"People have been asking whether there are differences among the members of the committee, I want to say it was a small difference and it has been sorted out. I talked to Ramdev, he raised the issue that Kiran Bedi is not in the committee, Kiran Bedi had refused to be in the committee long back," Hazare told reporters at the Press Club here in the evening.

He was reacting to the statement yoga guru Baba Ramdev made on Saturday, alleging ‘nepotism' in the 10-member government-civil society joint drafting committee.

[/img][/COLOR]