Harbhajan our man(n), claims sad; singer

Lily

B.R
Staff member
HARBHAJAN OUR MAN(N), CLAIMS SAD; SINGER DENIES IT

Bathinda March 7:

Whether you are interested in politics or not, politics is interested in you. This political assumption unfolded in letter and spirit today in noted Punjabi singer Harbhajan Mann’s native village Khemuana, where Harsimrat Kaur Badal, who is tipped to contest from Bathinda Parliamentary constituency, paid a visit to the village.

Harsimrat Kaur today “presented” siropas to Harbhajan Mann, his father Harnek Singh and other family members after Mann and his family “assured full support to the Badal Government in the upcoming Parliamentary polls”. Later in the day, however, Harbhajan Mann squarely distanced himself from the entire episode and denied he had pledged his support to SAD (B).

“I am committed to my art and cinema only. There is no room for any sorts of politics in my life,” Mann said, categorically denying he had pledged his support for SAD (B) in the upcoming Lok Sabha polls. “Since Khemuana is one of the villages falling under Bathinda constituency, it is natural for political parties in the race to approach voters. It is for my family to decide who to support. I am not even listed as a voter in the village. However, I happened to be in the village today,” Mann added.

Bathinda district SAD press secretary Dr Om Parkash Sharma, in a press release today, had claimed that “when Harsimrat reached Harbhajan Mann’s house, she was accorded a nice welcome by Mann, his father Harnek Singh and family and was given assurance that the entire Mann family would support the Badal government in the coming Lok Sabha polls”. “On this occasion, as a gesture of thanks, Harsimrat Kaur presented siropas to the Mann family,” the release added.