Harbhajan and Yuvraj: Afridi comments uncalled for

Lily

B.R
Staff member
4126715745.jpg
Dubai: The Indian media has orchestrated a scathing attack on the Pakistan skipper Shahid Afridi through comments from Indian cricketers.

Following Afridi's TV interview in which he suggested Indians did not have big clean hearts like Pakistanis, India newspapers put his remarks to Harbhajan Singh and Yuvraj Singh.

Harbhajan said: "It's been an uncalled for reaction".

"It wouldn't help the love and respect with which he (Afridi) is treated in this country," he said.

Yuvraj said: "Pakistanis indeed have very large hearts which is evident by their generous gesture of dropping so many catches against India during the semi-final clash.

"India would not have gone to the final had it not been for Pakistan's large-heartedness."

Afridi hit out at the Indian media while in Mohali accusing them of indulging in negative reporting.

He went on to say that Pakistan's media was 100 times better than India's.

Afridi said: "It is a very difficult thing for us to live with them (Indians) or to have long-term relationship with them. See how many times in the past 60 years we have had friendship and then how many times things have gone bad."

Misunderstanding

Afridi reacted after Indian batsman Gautam Gambhir dedicated India's World Cup triumph to the Mumbai terror attack victims.

Afridi, after the attack, claimed he was misunderstood and quoted out of context. But the Indian media questioned how that can be in a TV interview.

Afridi was also attacked by the Pakistan government.

In the end, to ease the tension, Afridi said: "I have enjoyed my cricket in India and I love Indian people.

"Don't take my comments negatively. I have always got a lot of love and affection from Indian fans.

"And I request the media to play a more positive role and not waste time on such trivial issues."

[/img][/COLOR]