Girl disabled by Kasab's bullets aims to join police

dc16

- dEsPeraTe cRaNky -
Mumbai:

A 11-year-old girl who was permanently disabled by the bullets of Pakistani gunner Ajmal Kasab during the 26/11 terror strikes aims to overcome this handicap and join the police force.

Devika, who is now on crutches after losing her right leg, is undaunted by her handicap and is keen to pursue studies in an English medium school so that she can join the police.

"I don't want other children to face what I had to go through. I don't want people to become a victim of terror. I will join police force and fight terrorism," said the third standard girl.

Talking about the ill-fated day that changed her life Devika said, "How can I forget that night when I saw people killed in front of me? It was scary and horrible to see all that. Whenever I see Kasab on TV, I get very angry," said Devika, who was injured at the Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus.

"We were waiting for a train to Pune. We heard gunshots and saw two people with guns firing at people just like in movies. I saw people running helter-skelter. While we were running, I was hit by a bullet and fell to the ground," recalled the girl.

Devika was the youngest witness to identified Kasab in court during the trail as one of the two gunmen who had opened fire at her and other passengers at CST.

Her father Natwarlal Rotawan who runs a dry fruit shop at Kalbadevi in South Mumbai seeks no pardon for Kasab and wants him hanged in public.

"He has killed innocent people and deserves no mercy. The court must give him death penalty. That blood-thirsty Kasab ruined my daughter's life. Now who will marry her," he said.

With her dream of joining the police still far away, Devika has to grapple with reality-- her handicap -- and misses out on the simple joys of childhood like playing with other kids.

"When I see others playing, I also feel like playing. I feel sad that I am unable to play now," the girl said with moist eyes.

umang26

like a star!
^ Have you read what's written? I don't see anything amazing about a terrorist disabling an 11 year old girl.

_Gifty_

I am a Joker
^^ I guess you should read it again.
Its amazing that despite of being handicap, she choose to become something, rather than crying to what happened in such a small age.
She could be like role model to many people.