Geeta: Separated at 7 in Pakistan, reunited at 23 in India

Era

Prime VIP
Geeta, now 23, was reportedly just 7 or 8 years old when she was found sitting alone on the Samjhauta Express by Pakistani Rangers 15 years ago at the Lahore railway station.

geeta-1.jpg

Geeta, a deaf-mute Indian woman who accidentally crossed over to Pakistan more than a decade ago, today arrived in New Delhi to meet her long-lost family.
She was received at the airport by her father and brother, who came all the way from Bihar. Union Minister Sushma Swaraj will meet Geeta today afternoon at Ministry of External Affairs.
Geeta’s father, Janardhan Mahato, told The Indian Express before leaving for MEA: “Hira loved to get photographed as a child. Then we didnt have camera. what is happening today is destiny.

geetaindia-1.jpg

“I dont care about how many tests they want, if she embraces me that will be the biggest test for me. I spent five years looking for her in Ludhiana and have spent the last six years mourning. This is like rebirth for our family.”

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
7 -8 years ? jo claim kar rahe ghar de oh ta kehnde ke 11-12 saal da Son hai Geeta da.