From today, you can pay water, power bill through phone

Jaswinder Singh Baidwan

Akhran da mureed
Staff member
Taking another step towards realising the objective of making Chandigarh a smart city, the Department of Information Technology is launching “my Chandigarh Mobile app” tomorrow. The app is expected to deliver citizen-centric services in a user-friendly way.
UT Adviser Vijay Dev will launch the mobile app in the presence of Vikram Dev, Secretary (Transport), Dr SB Deepak Kumar, Secretary (IT) and Prince Dhawan, Director (Information Technology).
The new app is like a one-stop solution through which the users can perform various types of work. Dhawan said through “my Chandigarh Mobile app”, a resident can download a bouquet of smart mobile apps like city bus guide, e-payment, e-campus, Msampark and RLA mobile app. The dynamic city bus guide app will have all information regarding CTU buses and an e-payment mobile app will enable the residents to deposit the electricity and water bill.
The residents of the city, by downloading the city bus guide, can easily get information about the routes of CTU buses and their timings. The residents will be able to access all smart mobile apps by downloading “my Chandigarh Mobile app”. The residents can locate all e-Sampark centres, e-kiosks and gram sampark centres, besides a list of services offered through the Msampark app. The residents can easily pay their water and electricity bills through the mobile app. An officer said to deposit the bills, the residents would have to click on the payment section. After mentioning their consumer number, the payment could be made immediately through net banking.