From ‘best music’ to ‘best film’, slumdo

Lily

B.R
Staff member
FROM ‘BEST MUSIC’ TO ‘BEST FILM’, SLUMDOG BAGS ALL

Los Angeles February 23:
The much acclaimed flick ‘Slumdog Millionaire’ has won as much as eight Oscars at the 81st Academy Awards ceremony being held in LA.
Music maestro AR Rahman created history by becoming the first Indian to win two Oscar Awards in the Rahman bagged the Oscars for best original score in "Slumdog Millionaire" and its theme song "Jai Ho", at the Academy Awards in LA.

'Slumdog Millionaire' has won the 'Best Film' award, along with Danny Boyle winning the Best Director Oscar for 'Slumdog Millionaire’. The much acclaimed flick also got laurels to various of its technicians including-Chris Dickens for ‘Best Editing’, Resul Pookutty for ‘Best Sound Mixing’, Simon Beaufoy for ‘Best Adapted Screenplay’ and Anthony Dod Mantle for 'Best Cinematography'.

Resul Pookutty created history by becoming the first Indian to win an Oscar for sound mixing for ‘Slumdog Millionaire’. Pookutty shared the award with Ian Tapp and Richard Pryke for their work in the Mumbai-based fairy-tale journey of a slum boy. "This is unbelievable. I share this stage with two magicians? I dedicate this award to my country," Pookutty said in his acceptance speech here.

Simon Beaufoy bagged the first Oscar for this real to the core movie based on Indian slum of Dharavi. Other films in contention included ‘The Curious Case of Benjamin Button’, ‘Doubt’, ‘Frost/Nixon’, and ‘The Reader’. While Anthony Dod Mantle bagged the Best Cinematography Oscar for the same.

In his Oscar winning speech, Beaufoy thanked the author of ‘Q&A’ Vikas Swarup from whose novel the movie screenplay was derived from. While Anthony thanked Director Danny Boyle for giving him the opportunity, and also thanked his beloved wife for the support. ‘Slumdog’ is in contention for ten awards and is being pitted to have a clean sweep at the ceremony.