Frenzied fans crowd around Mohali stadium

Lily

B.R
Staff member
1850268269.jpg
Mohali: If anyone has any doubt about cricket's popularity in the sub-continent, please come to Mohali.

You may not get a ticket for the match since they are all sold out, but one can surely witness their passion for the game. Walk towards the stadium and it will be impossible to miss the huge crowd near the ticket counter. Men and women can be seen waiting in the scorching sun, hoping the counter will open sometime.

Interestingly, this counter has not opened since March 21, but these fans are still hoping for some tickets to be made available for sale at the last minute. It happened in Bengaluru before the India-England match when some state association quota tickets were made available for sale. Right from a 50-year-old lady to young school girls, everybody was seen in the queue.

"I am in the queue for tickets for my two children. Being boys, their queue can be very long, and I have a better chance to get them the tickets," remarked the elderly lady who looked tanned in the heat.

The autorickshaw drivers are getting ready to make good money during the match because the stadium is located in a residential area with hardly any car parking space available. The residents near the stadium have complained that for the last four days it has been impossible to take their cars out or even get their regular groceries to their homes as the whole area has been declared a high security zone.

Black Cat commandos were seen all around the stadium, and according to information Sonia Gandhi, her children Rahul Gandhi and Priyanka Gandhi with her husband, will be here for the match.

[/img][/COLOR]