For honour ,girl shot dead in PUNAJAB

deepak pace

DJ_DEE
Inderjot Kaur (17) of Maherna Kalan village in Ludhiana district was shot dead by her father for honour. He could not stomach her relationship with a boy of the village. Nirmal Singh (60) pumped two bullets into her with his licensed .315 bore rifle. She died on the spot.

The remorseless father, who had been acquitted after being tried in a number of murder cases, felt pride in killing his daughter, who according to him was disgrace to the family. “Such girls should be done to death so that others like her can take a lesson,” he said after arrest last night.
The daughter and the accused father were alone at home at the time of incident, while her mother and brother had gone to market. The father allegedly consumed liquor to gather courage for killing, said DSP Dakha, Param Jit Singh Gorayan.
According to the FIR registered against the father on statement of the mother of the victim Narinder Kaur, Inderjot Kaur and Beant Singh had fallen in love two years ago. They had allegedly eloped from the village one year ago and recently returned to the village after staying in foreign countries including Malaysia and Thailand.
Though the mother and the brother of the girl had almost approved her relation with Beant Singh, Nirmal Singh took the incident seriously and left home and started living with a relative in Ludhiana. He returned two weeks ago.
Thought Inderjot Kaur and Beant Singh had been living like a couple for a long time; their marriage was not solemnised as the girl was a minor.
Narinder Kaur and her son were shocked on finding Inderjot Kaur lying in a pool of blood in a room of the house. With rifle in hand, Nirmal Singh was standing in the compound. “Before we could comprehend what was going on, my husband told me he had killed my daughter as she had brought bad name to the family by eloping with Beant Singh,” Narinder Kaur informed the investigating team led by Gurmit Singh and Kulwant Singh.

mystique21

Re: For honour ,girl shot dead in PUNAJA

hey what do you guys think of this.. im just curious .. i guess most of the punjabis share the sentiments of the father and believe honor killings are something to be proud of