Fitness issue dashes Akhtar's semi-final hopes

Lily

B.R
Staff member
2429158623.jpg
Mohali: Shoaib Akhtar was expected to get the nod to play the semi-final in Mohali. The Indian media had even conducted a huge campaign in his support, though he had time and again wrecked Team India's batting line-up.

However, when the final XI was announced, his name was missing, proving he was not fit. The day before the match, he had talked about life after cricket. It seemed like he had already been told he may not play.

Favourite song

Did he have any plans to act in films?

"There are many offers but I have not set my sights on Bollywood," he said. When asked whether he would act in Pakistani movies since he was so popular in the country, he said: "No, I have no plans to act in Pakistan cinema too."

Will he reconsider his retirement if he regained his fitness?

"No, I have taken the decision after giving it a lot of thought. I am also not a person who keeps changing his decision." Incidentally, Akhtar is a lover of Kishore Kumar songs and is reported to have asked some friends here to pick up some interesting collections for him. "Listening to songs soothes my nerves; it also helps me maintain my mental balance," he said.

Does he plan to sing too? "I sang at the reality show because it just happened. That day I got carried away, but I don't usually sing."

Akhtar then went on to speak about his favourite song. "I love to sing Ruk Jaana Nahi ...Tu Kahin Haar ke. I feel really nice whenever I listen to it and so keep singing that number whenever I feel like."

[/img][/COLOR]