First Nri Police Station Opens

Lily

B.R
Staff member
FIRST NRI POLICE STATION OPENS

Jalandhar April 14:
To ensure speedy disposal of cases related to NRIs, SAD president Sukhbir Badal said inaugurated an NRI police station here today, the first in the state.
Besides Jalandhar, the state government would set up such police stations in Hoshiarpur, Kapurthala, Ludhiana and Moga. In Nawanshahr too, such a station was inaugurated today by the city SSP.
Speaking on the occasion, Sukhbir said the NRI police station would expedite complaints’ redressal. He said as NRIs have contributed a lot towards the state in the fields of the infrastructure, education and health, the government too should help them. He hoped that this step of the government would bring more investment here.
NRIs, whose complaints are lying pending in various police stations of the district, can also file their grievances online. Later, on senior BJP leader L K Advani’s book, Sukhbir said the writer would be the best person to give any clarification on the controversy over certain references to Punjab in his autobiography. The SAD president admitted that he himself has not read the book.
“I have not read the book so far and moreover Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal has already responded to the controversy related to Punjab in the book,” the MP told reporters here. Some of the mediapersons told him that Advani in his book, ‘My Country, My Life’, has virtually supported the Operation Bluestar, which was opposed by the SAD, and opposed the Anandpur Sahib resolution, which was passed by the Akalis.
Sukhbir asked mediapersons whether they have read the book. When they showed photocopies of particular pages of the book, the MP, in a lighter vein, questioned the authenticity of the text. When asked about the row at a media meet in New Delhi on Thursday, Punjab Chief Minister Badal had said the media has misinterpreted the remarks. “He (Advani) did not mean what you all are saying,” the senior Badal had told the reporters.