Finally gets death certificate after 26 years

marine

Mann
Patiala, Punjab: Kiranjit Kaur’s ordeal is finally over. For 26 years, she has been running from pillar to post, from Patiala to New Delhi, for her husband Narinderjit Singh’s death certificate. Singh, a teacher, was brutally killed on November 1, 1984 – Sikh Holocaust.
On April 27, the Delhi High Court ordered the Sub- Divisional Magistrate of Vasant Vihar to release Singh’s death certificate within six weeks, after verifying the particulars. “Petitioner has been waiting for relief for over two decades, there should be no further delay,“ the judge said.
sikhholocaust-2.gif

Kaur lost her husband barely a year after their marriage. At the age of 22, with a two-month-old son, she struggled to get her husband’s death certificate. “I was new to Delhi. From policemen to babus everybody deceived me. They sent me from the DCP’s office in Tis Hazari court complex to the SDM’s office in Punjabi Bagh” Kaur said. Her son Harsimranjit Randhawa is now a law graduate. “I saw my mother running around to get my dad’s death certificate.” “Once we get it, we will apply for compensation.”

marine

Mann
[FONT=&quot]We are a wonderful democracy, [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]A part of democratic machinery, a DIG molests a 14 year old girl. The family and girl raise their voice democratically. As a result, brother of the girl is humiliated and tortured to such an extent that the girl commits suicide and the remaining family goes underground. This is a story not of some remote village or tribal area but of Chandigarh, the capital of two democratically elected governments.[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]It takes a negligible time frame of 19 years to get conviction,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]