Fail Lover injects girl with HIV + blood

deepak pace

DJ_DEE
Hyderabad: A 17-year old girl in Andhra Pradesh’s Guntur district has been injected with HIV positive blood.

Her assailant is her own brother-in-law, Ravindra Prabhakar, who was forcing her to marry him.

Prabhakar decided to infect her when she spurned his advances.

The victim said, “He kept harassing me, telling me he will kill me.”

Prabhakar later attempted suicide, and is now in hospital.

This is the second such attack in Guntur in the past 10 days.

Earlier, a husband had injected his wife with HIV-positive blood suspecting infidelity.

Both victims have been put on anti-retroviral (ART) drugs that, if administered within 48 hours, may prevent infection.

Doctors say it may well be at least 6 -8 weeks before they can confirm the infection in the victims.

For now it is going to be an agonizing wait for the families.

Medical Superintendent, Guntur Government hospital Dr Phani Bhushan, said, “We do not know when the criminal collected the sample because the AIDS virus cannot survive in dry blood and may die within a few minutes, so we are waiting till further investigation.”

Guntur district alone has over 50,000 HIV patients, one of the highest in Andhra Pradesh.

Police say the accused collected blood from the unsuspecting patients; however, deny reports that there is an organized network supplying infected blood.

Project Director, Andhra Pradesh Aids Control Society R V Chandravadan said, “They are unsuspecting individuals. They have been fooled by the accused saying their blood was being taken for some clinical tests.”

Both the accused have been booked for attempted murder.