Exclusive On A.R. Rahman's 'Jai Ho' Remi

Exclusive On A.R. Rahman's 'Jai Ho' Remix

When the super talented composer who we all know and love, A.R. Rahman, was in Los Angeles for the Golden Globes this past weekend he was busy! Anjula was lucky enough to spend time with him and one of the hottest moguls in the music industry, Jimmy Lovine of Interscope Records, to watch the making of a very cool Bollywood to Hollywood project!

Anjula got to see the 2 moguls at work collaborating on what we think will be one of the hottest fusion tracks of the year produced by none other than Polow da Don. You may be wondering what the remix was? The song, titled “Jai Ho,” is from the smash hit film “Slumdog Millionaire.” Yes! It is the movie that just won all of those Golden Globes. The remix version features (saree donning) hot vocalist, Nicole, from the Pussycat Dolls. Anjula says she was truly humbled by the experience of seeing two people she admires coming together to create a fusion track embodying the very essence of why Urban Desi Music was created. She also says: “I spent time with Jimmy Iovine and A.R. Rahman for the track and even got the opportunity to get in the studio with the lyricist to brainstorm some ideas. I really think it’ll be a great dance anthem. It had an amazing beat and great writers; this track is the epitome of what Urban Desi Music! stands for, the collaboration of sounds from the East and West. I wonder if Jimmy Lovine is a new boy on the Bollywood block??!”

So what do you guys think about the song ‘Jai Ho’ remixed with vocals by Nicole of PCD? We are the first to bring you this news, now you be the first to tell us if you think this song will be hot or not!