Drunk man kills wife, then sleeps with body

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
When Pradeep Sharma married the woman he loved, he promised to keep her happy forever. But within months, all that was left was insecurity, distrust and regret. The marriage finally ended in the most horrific manner. On Monday, an inebriated Sharma murdered his 23-year-old wife Monika, sexually violated her body and then slept beside it till late in the morning. It took five days for the police to nab the 25-year-old murderer on Saturday.
It was love at first sight when Sharma saw Monika at his brother's wedding last year. Sharma, unemployed and considered the "bad boy" of his locality, swore to reform and find a job in order to marry her. The couple initially lived in Bulandshehr in Uttar Pradesh, but shifted to Nihal Vihar in Delhi six months ago.
As promised, Sharma began driving an e-rickshaw, but his meagre takings could not take care of the house rent, groceries and other expenses. The couple began having frequent brawls over finances. They were even evicted from two houses for their constant quarrels.
On May 29, the couple had another nasty fight, after which the landlord asked them to vacate the house in a day or two. "Fed up, I decided to get rid of my wife," Sharma told the police. "I bought liquor and asked Monika to share it with me. I explained to her that we should learn to manage with my current earnings and that I would soon find a better paying job. However, she went on and on about how I had ruined her life. I picked up a brick and hit her on the face three times. She began to bleed profusely and started screaming for help."
Alarmed that neighbours would hear her, Sharma banged her head on the wall, stopping only when she stopped breathing. He took the body to the bathroom and bathed it, after which he carried the nude body to the bed. "I made love to her for the last time and apologised to her. I passed out beside her and only woke up around 10am the next morning," Sharma told the cops.
In a panic, he switched off his phone and left home taking away Monika's phone and some articles that could identify her. The police received a call about the murder around noon May 30 and registered an FIR.
"A special team led by ACP Anand Sagar and inspectors S S Rathee and Sharat Chander conducted several raids while others kept watch at railway stations," said Depender Pathak, JCP (Southwest). "After the police were tipped off that Sharma was hiding near Nangloi station, we arrested him on Saturday."