Doubts who killed ATS chief Karkare

deepak pace

DJ_DEE
New Delhi: Union Minorities Affairs Minister A R Antulay suspects the truth behind Maharashtra Anti-Terror Squad chief Hemant Karkare’s murder is being suppressed.

Karkare was leading the investigation into the Malegaon blast and was shot dead during the Mumbai terror attacks on November 26. Antulay told CNN-IBN he was not sure whether Karkare was a victim of terrorism “or something else”.

“Karkare was a very bold officer. I know his acumen was great. He had vision and was prepare to lay down life for country at any time. Now how come instead of going to the Taj (Hotel) or the Oberoi (Hotel) he went to such a place where there was nothing?” said Antulay.

“He was also making an independent investigation. (in which) he found that there were non-Muslims who were terrorists. Whether he was just a victim of terror or something (else), I don’t know. I knew him personally; I salute him.”

Karkare, Additional Commissioner of Police Ashok Kamte and Inspector Vijay Salaskar were shot dead by the terrorists who had hijacked a police vehicle and were speeding away toward the Cama Hospital.