Don't write us off, warns Shane

HoneY

MaaPeya Da LaaDLa
After a thumping win over Team Chandigarh in their second IPL match here at the Sawai Man Singh stadium, Team Jaipur skipper Shane Warne sent across a strong message for every team in the competition: Don’t underestimate us.

"Don’t say that my team is weak and please don’t write us off. This team may lack some experience but all of them are enthusiastic young cricketers and learning a lot from the senior players in the team. We are also gelling well, which is important for our team spirit," Warne said on Monday evening.

Even their local players are rising to the challenge. It’s been only two matches, but Warne wasted no time in praising both Ravindra Jadeja and Dinesh Salunkhe as the upcoming stars of Indian cricket.

"I have been playing cricket for last 20 years and what I can tell you today is that both Jadeja and Dinesh are great prospects for India. Even the rest of the squad is equally talented. When Watson was batting today, all the young cricketers were on their feet when fours and sixes were being smashed all over the ground. It’s a great feeling to witness something like this. We are also aware of the conditions in Jaipur," Warne said.

When asked about his bowling exploits against Team Mohali, Warne said, "For the last couple of days, I have been bowling a lot in the nets. I am out of match practice for a while and so I needed some extra effort in the nets to get back to shape. It’s a great feeling to contribute with the ball. But this T20 format is really unpredictable. In the next match, I might be hammered for 50 runs in four overs, but I hope that does not happen," Warne joked.

Warne also praised wicketkeeper Kamran Akmal’s commitment. "He came to Jaipur around four in the evening and was ready to play the match by eight.

"It shows his commitment towards the game and he did a very good job behind the stumps," Warne said.

Konvicted_Jatt

S@RP@NCH
team mein koi bada naam toh nhi hai fir b acha khele... sirf shane watson and warne 2 hee main player hain...baaki player toh local hee hain... 43