Don't Exchange Sarabjit's Freeddom For Terrorists: Wife

Lily

B.R
Staff member
DON'T EXCHANGE SARABJIT'S FREEDDOM FOR TERRORISTS: WIFE

Amritsar March 20:
In a bold statement, the wife of Sarabjit Singh said they do not wish him to be repatriated from Pakistan if it means India has to release hardcore terrorists in exchange.
"I and my daughters would never like that Sarabjit should be freed if any hardcore Pakistani terrorists lodged in Indian jails are released in exchange," Sukhpreet Kaur, wife of the Indian prisoner doing death row in Lahore jail.
She said for the family, "nothing is above the nation and we can't go against the interests of our motherland". Sukhpreet said the family was informed by media people that Sarabjit's sister Dalbir Kaur was going to Pakistan as the Government has assured her a passport and visa.
"I would also urge the Government to grant my daughters and myself travel documents so that we may visit Sarabjit" in Kot Lakhpat Jail, Lahore. The execution of Sarabjit Singh, earlier fixed for April 1, has been deferred by a month by the Pakistan government following India's appeal for clemency on humanitarian grounds.

Source : Punjab Mail Online