Dhoni blames IPL parties for T20 World Cup exit

prithvi.k

on off on off......
NEW DELHI: India have been eliminated from the Twenty20 World Cup after being beaten by Sri Lanka at St Lucia. However, what is surprising is that skipper MS Dhoni has blamed the Indian Premier League parties and player fatigue for India's disappointing loss.

Addressing a press conference after the match Dhoni blamed IPL parties for player burnout and said players should know how to balance between work and leisure, "IPL parties hurt India. It is a distraction for players. Late night games and parties can wear out players, Players should know how to balance between the two. Thankfully next year World Cup is before IPL."

Mahendra Singh Dhoni also said his side failed to play to its potential.

India needed to win by at least 20 runs against Sri Lanka but lost the Super Eights match by five wickets to crash out of the elite ICC event. India looked set for big score as they were 90 for one in 10 overs after electing to bat and could score just 163/5 and ended up losing all second round matches.

"I think execution of plans from their bowlers was very good, even with set batsmen we couldn't score freely. Overall, batting is our strength and we should have done better. We didn't perform to our potential. The last 4-5 overs that they bowled really restricted us. We need to improve in quite a few areas," Dhoni said after the match.

Sri Lanka enhanced their chances of making the semifinals with this win and captain Kumar Sangakkara had nothing but praise for his bowlers.

"At the end, we were chasing at least 144. Even I thought India would make a very big score, but the guys came back really well at the back end to cut off the runs and to pick up wickets as well," he said.

"Dilshan really got the momentum back after the early wickets, and we have always talked about how good our young players are, and they showed that today. Whatever happens after this, we can rest assured we have done the best we can."

Angelo Mathews, adjudged Man-of-the-Match for his crucial 46-run knock said, "I had to give a good performance with the bat, I'm glad I did it at the right time."

prithvi.k

on off on off......
pathetic peformance
An international side like India should have the guts to face pace bowling on a bouncy track. It seems when we cross the border we face short stuff and our top batsmen fail. The Kensington Oval, for once, was reduced to a makeshift slaughter house. Indian players were a herd of sheep, who were clinically skinned one after the other, first by the Aussie batsmen and later by the bowlers. It was indeed a pathetic show.

This refers to the article ‘I’m short on confidence, says Yuvraj ahead of T20W Cup’ (MM, April 25) in the Short Stuff column.
I'm short on confidence: Yuvraj - Yahoo! Cricket
When Yuvraj has admitted to not being confident of his skills, why is the selection committee sending him for the World Cup?
Yuvraj was off the field for most of 2009 due to lack of fitness. Look at this Punjab da puttar, his tummy is hanging out of his outfits. Even though he declared himself unfit to play cricket for India against South Africa, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka he decided to play for the IPL. :mad

prithvi.k

on off on off......
P.S
Yuvraj is the most greedy guy in this present cricket team ..... who just want glamour,want to go in pubs & run behind actress(offcourse those actress will kick him after few days)

Yuvraj Singh did not want to play for the Kings XI Punjab in IPL3.And wanted to play for Mumbai Indians?

Reason-

Instead, after being removed as the captain of the side, the newspaper has reported that Yuvraj Singh had requested the owner, Ness Wadia, to release him from the contract and get him to play for Mumbai Indians.
Ness Wadia had predictably refused, but had expressed concerns that Yuvraj may underperform because of the refusal to make captain of king XI punjab:mad
Wadia had spoken to BCCI about this and in turn the cricket board had spoken to Yuvraj about this.
-www.examiner.com/x-10513-Cricket-Examiner~y2010m4d2-Yuvraj-wanted-to-play-for-Mumbai-Indians

Wat a fool stubborn & greedy guy and he is not performing well in india team too az last year it was in news that he want to become a captain of Team India..hahahah go and wash urs face man..dont dream too much lolz
And even after looseing the second match in super eight against westindies..the whole team went to play basketball in those caribbean beaches...sal*h shameless