Delhi model's death: He told me to leave home, I am leaving the world, says Priyanka's sui

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
Delhi model's death: He told me to leave home, I am leaving the world, says Priyanka's suicide note

dowry1_647_032816085414-1.jpg

It was her love for Delhi's nightlife that soured relations between model Priyanka Kapoor and her husband. Twenty six-year-old Priyanka has blamed her husband of torturing her and objecting to her lifestyle in her suicide note which has been accessed by Mail Today.
Priyanka, who ran an event management company, was found hanging from a ceiling fan at house number A-46 in Defence Colony in the wee hours on Saturday. The room was locked from inside. Her husband, a well-known south Delhi-based businessman, has been arrested for allegedly harassing and beating his wife, which forced her to commit suicide.
According to a senior police official, Priyanka's family has alleged that 38-year-old accused Nitin Chawla used to beat her and harass her for dowry. Cops claim that Nitin had asked Priyanka to leave his house just before she committed suicide.

"Priyanka wrote in her suicide note: 'Nitin wanted me to leave his house, so I am leaving the world'. She also wrote that Nitin used to hit her over petty issues. He also stopped her from going to pubs and bars several times. When Nitin's 10-year-old son from his earlier marriage came home, Nitin had an argument with Priyanka. He asked her to leave the house," the senior official told Mail Today.
Police found two copies of a suicide note in the house believed to have been written by Priyanka before her death. One was lying on her table and the second copy was in her bag. In the note, Priyanka said she got married to Nitin out of desperation. Priyanka's body was discovered after she did not answer her phone on the day before Holi. Her mother came to her house to check on her.
"The police got a call from Priyanka's family member and reached the spot. Priyanka's mother and husband were standing outside the room which was locked from inside. Police broke open the door in their presence with members of the fire brigade. Priyanka was found hanging from the ceiling fan. She was shifted to AIIMS, where the doctor declared her brought dead," a Delhi police official said.

On the basis of a statement by Dimpi Kapoor, sister of the deceased, a case has been registered under IPC sections 498A, 304B, 34. "In her statement, Dimpi alleged that her sister's husband used to torture, beat up and harass her for dowry. Similar allegations were also there in the suicide notes recovered from the spot. Nitin Chawla was arrested," police said.
Nitin had divorced his first wife, with whom he has a son (10) and a daughter (8), in December last year, police said. After divorce, Nitin got the custody of his son, which became a matter of dispute between him and Priyanka, the official said. Mail Today had tried to contact Nitin's family for a version, but they didn't reply.