Darsheel follows Aamir's footsteps

HoneY

MaaPeya Da LaaDLa
Subhash K Jha, IANS

Saturday, April 12, 2008: (Mumbai):

There are offers galore for Darsheel Safary, who wooed audiences with his performance in Taare Zameen Par. But the child actor has turned choosy, making producers scout for other talented kids from the same film.

Tanay Cheda, who played Darsheel's best friend Rajan in Taare..., has bagged a role in ad-maker Vikram Singh's comedy Mastang Mama, which stars Ruslaan Mumtaz.

Tanay, who was seen on crutches throughout the film, is from Raell Padamsee's theatre group. But the team of Mastang Mama was initially keen on Darsheel.

"But he seems out of bounds. So we thought why not the guy who played Darsheel's classmate and buddy? We feel Tanay is as good as Darsheel," said Ruslaan.

And the actor hopes to bond big-time with his young co-star before shooting begins April 30.

"And I've all the time in the world to bond with Tanay, since a ripped ligament in my leg has me stationary for a month," he said.

"Ironically Tanay was on crutches in Taare Zameen Par while I'm on crutches right now. Even more ironically we're supposed to do a lot of running together in Mastang Mama," laughs Ruslaan.

Darsheel, meanwhile, makes his first television appearance on 9 X's Chak De Bachche.