Collins loses battle to breast cancer

Jaswinder Singh Baidwan

Akhran da mureed
Staff member
Jackie Collins, the renowned British-born novelist who penned best-selling novels such as Hollywood Wives and The Stud, has died in the US at the age of 77 after a long battle with breast cancer.
"It is with tremendous sadness that we announce the death of our beautiful, dynamic and one-of-a-kind mother, Jackie Collins, who died of breast cancer today," her family said in a statement on her death in Los Angeles yesterday. Collins, whose all 32 novels made it to the New York Times bestseller list, was diagnosed with stage-four cancer, her spokeswoman said.
Her actress sister Joan Collins told media that she was "completely devastated" following the news of sister Jackie Collins.
"She was my best friend. I admire how she handled this. She was a wonderful, brave and a beautiful person and I love her," Joan, 82, said.
Even after being diagnosed with cancer, she wrote five more books. Her latest, 600-plus-page novel, 'The Santangelos,' was published in June.
The family statement said the writer lived "a wonderfully full life and was adored by family, friends and readers.