Punjab News CM Badal’s cousin gets PPP office shifted

Lily

B.R
Staff member
Bathinda April 24:

A move by the People’s Party of Punjab (PPP) headed by Manpreet Badal to open its office in a local cinema hall was scuttled today by former member of the Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) Paramjit Singh Dhillon, cousin of Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal.

Darshan Singh Madhir, a senior leader and confidant of Manpreet Badal, had initiated the move and was to open the office in a day or two. While Madhir holds a major share in the cinema, Dhillon too has a small holding in it. Madhir has been assigned the duty to take care of the party’s affairs in Bathinda district.

At present, the PPP leadership is trying hard to mobilise maximum persons for its ongoing recruitment drive and trying to open the maximum offices in the Malwa region, where ruling SAD (B) wields considerable influence over the electorate. Talking to The Tribune, Dhillon, who is in Sri Lanka, said that when he came to know that the PPP was planning to open its office in the cinema house, located on Bathinda-Goniana main road, he contacted Madhir and told him not to do so.

“I have always enjoyed good relations with Madhir. I want to keep my political interests separate from my business ones,” Dhillon said, who was made member PPSC by Badal when he was Chief Minister of the previous SAD-BJP government from 1997 to 2002. Madhir said that now the office would be opened in a building located behind the cinema house. The building was being given a face lift and might be inaugurated by Manpreet Badal in a week or so.

Power Politics: While PPP’s Darshan Singh Madhir holds a major share in the cinema house where PPP’s office was to be opened, CM’s cousin Paramjit Singh Dhillon has a small holding in it. Quote/Unquote: I have always enjoyed good relations with Madhir, but I want to keep my political interests separate from my business ones.