Chandigarh: 3 held for molestation

Lily

B.R
Staff member
Mohali October 7:
Tri-city roads continue to be unsafe. It was around 9pm when a BPO employee was stabbed to death in Mohali a few days ago by miscreants trying to snatch his mobilephone as he was taking a stroll. On Sunday evening, a young girl was molested and her gold chain snatched when she was taking a walk near Bollywood Heights apartment in Zirakpur.
The matter was brought to the notice of police on Monday morning by the victim’s father, a retired colonel and resident of Sector 20 in Panchkula, after which an FIR was lodged under sections 356, 511, 330, 354 and 34 of IPC against three residents of Peermuchalla, Jitender Singh, Dharminder Singh and Dharminder.
According to the police, the victim was accosted by three youths on a motorcycle near Peermuchalla. “They started misbehaving with her and also snatched her gold chain. A youth passing by the area at that time came to her rescue but he was brutally thrashed by the trio,” said SHO Zirakpur police station Ranjot Singh.
On seeing the girl being harassed, this good samaritan tried to stop the three accused but, in the bargain, landed up with injuries in hospital. He was admitted to a private hospital in Zirakpur, from where he was discharged on Monday. According to the SHO, the incident took place when the youths were returning from a marriage and seeing the girl alone, they tried to play dirty with her. Having arrested the three accused , the police said they would be produced in court on Tuesday.

deepak pace

DJ_DEE
I live in chandigarh .. i did applied for 9mm Pistol Licence.
I know what is happing now days ..
I feel TRI-City..is not safe any more..
if some thing happen to me or my family .. or my GF .. i will not hasitate to shoot ..