Chak De sweeps Producers Guild Awards

HoneY

MaaPeya Da LaaDLa
Mumbai: Just when you thought the film awards season had come to an end, here was another one.

On Sunday, the Bolywood film fraternity made their way to the MMRDA grounds in Mumbai for the Annual Producers' Guild Awards.

Shah Rukh Khan ruled the evening by grabbing the Best Actor For Chak De, Akshay Kumar latched on to the Best Entertainer Of The Year and Kareena Kapoor took home the best actress for her performance in Jab We Met.

Newbies Ranbir Kapoor and Deepika Padukone were honoured with Debutant Awards. Expectedly, the winners had their lines perfectly rehearsed.

“It feels great! I worked really hard on Saawariya, and when your work is appreciated its heart warming. This one goes with the other, will sleep peacefully tonight,” said Ranbir.

“Its a wonderful feeling that my first film is winning so many awards so thank you everyone,” added Deepika.

The film of the evening was clearly Chak De India which took Best Film and Best Director, in addition to its producer Yash Chopra being felicitated with an award for Outstanding Contribution to cinema.

“Its a very emotional thing. The decision of the awards is my friends and colleagues from the industry,” said Chopra.

Life In a Metro did it for

Irfan Khan bagged the Best Actor in a Supporting Role for the film Life In a Metro.

“I feel special about it. My film Metro has changed people's perception about me as an actor,” said Irfan.

“Its a very emotional thing. The decision of the awards is my friends and colleagues from the industry,” said Chopra.

Voted for by professionals from the industry itself, these awards threw up no surprises at all, except that there was no mention of Taare Zameen Par as only films that released before November 30 November were eligible for the awards.

And as far as awards go, this one was no different as this was one evening when the Bollywod stars sparkled once again.