CBI raids Arvind Kejriwal's office, AAP leader calls it PM Modi's 'cowardice'

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
In an unprecedented move, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) sealed the office of Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal in the Delhi Secretariat on Tuesday. The Aam Aadmi Party leader hit back, calling Prime Minister Narendra Modi a "coward" and a "psychopath" on Twitter.

"CBI raids my office," Kejriwal said on Twitter shortly after the news of the raid flashed on TV screens. In the next, he targetted Prime Minister Narendra Modi, with whom he has had an acrimonious relationship since assuming office in February.

"When Modi cudn't (sic) handle me politically, he resorts to this cowardice," Kejriwal tweeted, and followed it with a scathing tweet 15 minutes later: "Modi is a coward and a psycopath."

It is not yet clear why the investigation agency, controlled by the central government, took the step. TV reports said the officers and staff of the Secretariat have been barred from entering Kejriwal's office.

The provocative CBI raid is bound to intensify the face-off between Kejriwal and the central government. Last weekend, a controversial razing of a slum in west Delhi for a railway terminal became the latest point of conflict between the two governments.

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
CBI 'raids' Delhi CM Kejriwal's office: Latest developments

Chief minister Arvind Kejriwal has claimed that his office in the Delhi Secretariat has been raided by the CBI on Tuesday. Accusing Prime Minister Narendra Modi of "political vendetta", the Aam Aadmi Party leader called him a "coward" and a "psychopath" on Twitter. Here are the top 10 developments:

1- "CBI raids my office," the first tweet from Kejriwal said. "When Modi (could not) handle me politically, he resorts to this cowardice," Kejriwal said in another tweet.

50182581cms-1.jpg

2- Fifteen minutes later, he tweets again: "Modi is a coward and a psycopath (sic)."

3- The CBI, which comes under the Centre, had denied Kejriwal's claims and said that raids were conducted at principal secretary Rajendra Kumar's office and residence.

4- "CBI has registered a case against Rajendra Kumar, secretary to CM Delhi on the allegation of abusing his official position by favouring a particular firm in the last few years in getting tenders from Delhi government departments," the CBI spokesperson said, adding that it had the warrants for the raid.

5- But Kejriwal and his party leaders contested that claim and said the investigating agency was not revealing the truth.

6- "CBI lying. My own office raided. Files of CM office are being looked into. Let Modi say which file he wants?" Kejriwal said.
50182558cms-1.jpg

7- I am the only CM who dismissed, on my own, a minister and a senior officer on charges of corruption and handed their cases to the CBI, Kejriwal said.

8- "If CBI had any evidence against Rajender, why didn't they share it with me? I would have acted against him," Kejriwal said while referring to Kumar, secretary to Delhi CM.

9- "It has become a fashion for the Delhi chief minister to quarrel with the central government and to take the Prime Minister's name for everything," Union minister Venkaiah Naidu said, slamming Kejriwal's charges.

10- "CBI is an independent organisation. The government does not interfere at all. How can you criticize the central government and the prime minister? PM has nothing to do with this," Naidu said.

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
‘Psychopath, coward, liar’: Kejriwal fires away against PM, CBI

htls08kejriwal_7f010536a2fb11e59efc9b4cf-1.jpg

Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal on Tuesday took to Twitter to announce that the Central Bureau of Investigation allegedly raided his office and lashed out at Prime Minister Modi over the action.
He attacked the prime minister, calling him a “coward” and a “psychopath”

The central agency, however, said the raids were conducted on senior bureaucrat and CM’s secretary Rajender Kumar’s office for allegedly favouring a particular firm in bagging state tenders over the last few years.
Sources in the CBI told HT that the CBI had acted on a complaint by Ashish Joshi, member secretary of the AAP’s Delhi Dialogue Commission.
With a simple “CBI raids my office” to an attack on “coward and a psycopath” PM Modi, Kejriwals tweets grew louder and more critical every passing moment. The CM used the platform to deflect the Centre’s agruments and put forward his point of view.
Here are some of the other tweets that Kejriwal fired to criticise and attack the Modi government in what may become the next flashpoint in a prolonged battle of turf between the Centre and the Delhi government.

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
CBI raid not against Arvind Kejriwal, says Arun Jaitley

IndiaTvfd437b_Jaitley-1.jpg

Finance Minister Arun Jaitley said on Tuesday that the CBI raid was not against Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal, but against an official who was attached to his office, a claim rejected by the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) as a lie.

The matter was raised in the Rajya Sabha by TMC member Derek O'brien who said "this was unprecedented in the history of modern India".

Jaitley said: "CBI raid has nothing to do with Kejriwal and his tenure as Delhi chief minister. The raid was done against an official who was attached to his office and that too in a matter prior to his becoming chief minister."

Kejriwal on Tuesday morning tweeted that CBI raided his office, triggering a political storm.

Kejriwal said in another tweet: "When Modi could not handle me politically, he resorts to this cowardice."

After Jaitley spoke in the Rajya Sabha, the Delhi chief minister shot back: "FM lied in Parliament. My own office files are being looked into to get some evidence against me. Rajender is an excuse".

Kejriwal was referring to Rajendra Kumar, who is the secretary to the Delhi chief minister.

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
Day after CBI raid, Kejriwal targets FM Jaitley in new tweets

Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal made fresh accusations on Wednesday against finance minister Arun Jaitley over a CBI raid allegedly on his office, fueling the political fire he ignited the day before when he called Prime Minister Narendra Modi a “coward” and “psychopath”.
In a series of tweets, the AAP chief posted purported photographs of a list of documents taken way by the CBI from his office and alleged that seized documents were unrelated to a probe against his principal secretary, senior IAS officer Rajendra Kumar.
Kejriwal alleged that the CBI was interested in files related to the Delhi and District Cricket Association (DDCA), which Jaitley headed for over a decade.
“CBI kept reading DDCA file in my office. They wud hv seized it. But after my media briefing, they left it. Not clear if they took a copy,” he tweeted.
“Why is Jaitley ji so scared of DDCA probe? What is his role in DDCA scam?”

Union parliamentary affairs minister M Venkaiah Naidu reiterated the government’s position that it has no role in the CBI raid. “The CBI is doing its duty. Nobody should put obstacles in the way of the CBI conducting its duty and responsibility. Everyone must help in that. I would suggest that the case should not be influenced by making statements. You are weakening the fight against corruption by politicising the issue,” Naidu said.
“The raid has not taken place in the CM’s personal office … it is about an officer, who is facing inquiry.”

arvindkejriwalseizedmovementallegationso-1.jpg

It has been alleged that Kejriwal was keenly pursuing the DDCA case after two former Test cricketers and some functionaries accused the cricket administrator of financial wrongdoing.
He was apparently gathering information from diverse sources, although DDCA treasurer Ravinder Manchanda clarified that the Delhi government has no jurisdiction over the association.
On Tuesday, the chief minister accused the BJP-led NDA government of conducting a controversial search operation at the Delhi secretariat to dig out files related to the DDCA scandal that could put the finance minister in a spot.
Jaitley dismissed the allegations as “absolutely rubbish”, saying “I do not think I need to respond to this rubbish”.
The BJP rejected the charge and Jaitley told Parliament that the investigation was into charges of corruption against an IAS officer, whose office had been searched. The CBI too clarified that they were probing allegations that Kumar had favoured private firms in bagging government contracts.

A furious Kejriwal vowed to continue the fight against the ruling dispensation till his last breath and dared Prime Minister Modi, saying he was not scared of the CBI.
A day later, he continued his twitter tirade against Jaitley. “FM lied in the Parliament yesterday,” he tweeted.
“The raid was conducted to look for the files of DDCA in which Jaitley is involved in graft cases. I want to tell Modi ji, you scared other people through CBI, but you have no idea what Kejriwal is made up of. I will keep fighting till my last breath for the country.”
Backing Kejriwal’s attack on the Centre, the Congress on Wednesday said the incident was a “calculated” move to destabilise the Delhi government.
“A clear case of blame game is going on and it is a sad day for democracy. If this is the corporate federalism the Prime Minister was talking about, then it is quite disappointing. For whatever reason a chief minister’s office is raided, it is something that should not happen in India,” Congress leader PC Chacko told ANI.
Parliamentary affairs minister Naidu mocked the Opposition, asking whether the CBI should wait for an auspicious time to do its work. “The Opposition should cooperate. If they are sincere to fight against corruption, they must all really appreciate the action taken by the CBI.”
Minister of state in the prime minister’s office Jitendra Singh seconded his senior colleague and called Kejriwal’s statement “obnoxious”.