Bharti Singh: Kapil is my guru, there can be no competition with him

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
Everyone has been busy discussing the newly launched, 'Comedy Nights Live' which replaced the hugely popular, 'Comedy Nights with Kapil'. Though 'CNL's' opening has been thrashed by CNWK fans on social media, but comic actor Bharti Singh is hopeful that her show will soon pick-up. In an exclusive conversation with TV Times, Bharti talks about her new show, Kapil Sharma and her relationship with the 'Kis Kis Ko Pyaar Karoon' actor.
"I know we have not got good reviews about for new show 'Comedy Nights Live'. Fans of 'Comedy Circus' and Krushna, and the ones who love/follow my work have liked the show. But fans of Comedy Nights with Kapil, who are disappointed by the closure of the show, are not very impressed and I can understand they are hurt. So, their reaction is justified. They were addicted to CNWK, but I am sure in some time we will win them over too," said Bharti.
When asked if she feels pressurized being constantly pitted against Kapil and his show 'CNWK', she said, "Agar koi khane ki bhari hui thali chod gaya hai... Toh hum uss khane ki insult toh nahi hone denge na.. Hum ne woh thali le li. We all are entertainers and our job is to entertain people. We got an opportunity to perform andbring a smile on viewers faces. We feel very proud that the channel showed faith in us and we will do everything to do justice to the show."

She added, "As far as competition with Kapil is concerned, I would like to clear that there can be no competition with Kapil. He is my guru. I have learnt theatre from him and have immense respect. I was most disappointed and sad when Comedy Nights with Kapil went off-air as I loved the show. However, at the end of the day, we all are professionals and our job is to perform. We all have families to look after, big EMI's to pay and we are just doing that. I will give you an example. Initially, there was only one mega superstar Amitabh Bachchan in Bollywood, but that doesn't mean after him nobody arrived. Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan and Aamir Khan also came and they are still ruling the industry. There is nothing eternal in this world when one leaves, the other has to fill in his shoes and the show must go on."
On being asked about the jokes cracked at Kapil and his show on Comedy Nights Live, "I don't think there is anything wrong in that. We are using his house, his set, so there will be jokes and punches cracked on him. We have kept Kapil alive on CNL, that's the reason I am playing his son on the show. He was there on TV for three years and we know people will be missing him. This is just our way to keep reminding viewers that even we love Kapil Sharma," says the stand-up comedian.

What about Krushna slamming Kapil Sharma and calling him insecure, she says, "Krushna and I were discussing this the previous day after reading the reports. He says he had not given any interview and was very hurt when the news came out. He was constantly worried about Kapil's reaction to all this. He finally spoke to Kapil and told him the entire thing. They both laughed and joked about it. There is no bad blood between Kapil, Krushna and I. We all are happy for each other."

When asked if she will ask for any feedback from Kapil on her new show, Bharti says, "I am shooting back-to-back and haven't got the time to talk to him. But I will surely be catching up with him. I will ask for his feedback and where we are going wrong. His suggestions will definitely help us improve. We worked together for a long time on Comedy Circus before branching out. Comedy Nights Live is also his show. He is still part of the family and there's no insecurity between us," concluded Bharti.