BCCI OWES RS 1.27 CRORE TO 'REBEL' ICL P

Lily

B.R
Staff member
BCCI OWES RS 1.27 CRORE TO 'REBEL' ICL PLAYERS

New Delhi September 4:
Another courtroom battle between the Indian Cricket League and the BCCI seems imminent with the ICL authorities deciding to take up the case of 64 'rebel' cricketers who are yet to get their dues from the Cricket Board.
The ICL cricketers are yet to get their dues to the tune of Rs 1.27 crore from the BCCI on account of their appearance in Ranji, Duleep and Deodhar tournaments before they turned 'rebel', according to a report in Cricinfo. The report said though non-ICL players have received their payment for the same period, 'rebel' cricketers are yet to get their dues.
BCCI secretary Niranjan Shah, however, passed the buck on the state associations. "As far as the board is concerned, all dues for players who have played in BCCI-organised tournaments must be paid. But it's up to the state associations to pay the money because they are the ones who claim money from the board to be paid to their players. The associations or the players don't seem to have understood the situation properly," Shah added.
ICL Executive Board Chairman Kapil Dev alleged the players were being treated like outcasts and business head Himanshu Mody said they might approach the court to get the dues cleared. Hemang Badani, who claimed the Tamil Nadu Cricket Association (TNCA) owes him Rs seven lakh, was upset with the delay and said, "They have to treat us like human beings."
"In my case, apart from the Ranji Trophy matches and one-day games before I joined the ICL, I have been denied my share of the prize money for being part of the winning Twenty20 team. I have spoken to KS Viswanathan, the TNCA secretary, but am yet to get a reply," he said. "Of course, they may be angry with me or disappointed because they had nurtured me from the beginning, from the age-group stage. I can understand the anger and the hurt, but not the silence. There has to be a basic decorum, some correspondence," Badani added.
Former India wicket-keeper Deep Dasgupta was also miffed with the Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB) not paying him Rs 3.32 lakh. "It's something we have all worked hard for most of our lives...We know there are problems with the ICL, and we understand the state association's position. But I am sure the CAB feels that this is unjustified," said the former Ranji captain.
Subir Ganguly, the new treasurer of the CAB, however, blamed it on the recent change of guard. "We (the new regime) have just taken over and it's difficult for me to comment at this stage without studying the issue," he said.

rgxsingh

Elite
Re: BCCI OWES RS 1.27 CRORE TO 'REBEL' I

yaaro dont waste ur time on cricket...
it is killer of other sports...!
i hate realy....from the bottom of my heart...!
due to cricket... other sports dont have sponcers...!
otherwise 120 crore di population aaa j 5% lok v sports wich hon te india kol medals da dhare lag jave!
so start watchin other sports also!

GeNie_iN_a_boTtLe

~~brOwn sUg@~~

dat is so true.....jido abhinav bindra ne gold lita olympics ch we all indians at our wrkplace were so happy....n some1 asked us....u have a population of about 1billion so y r u guys so happy by winning just one gold.....china has da highest population so sab to zada medals vee ohna de hi aye.....apaan kithe c league ladder ch??????

fer je koi bhule bhatke medal lai vee lainda hai ohdi sade desh ch hawa kharab ho jandi aa.....

hockey jehdi ki apni national game hai....kine sharam di gall hai ess waar na men te na hi women team ne qualify kita olympics layi......

adi to zada janta nu taan pata vee nayi hona vee hockey saadi national game hai.....

The Ominous

Come get Some......

that ol true genie. .!!! but u knw in india no one is bigger than money. And people know that every one can't bindra. so they choose easy way CRICKET. they says if they cannot make it to national team there so many other clubs they can go for and earn handsome amount. Where as in other sport their are lack of funds, some time players have to pool in for sport gear and all. THAT INDIA !!!

GeNie_iN_a_boTtLe

~~brOwn sUg@~~

well aaha vee gall ho sakdi aa....par jehde maade mote kuch karde vee ne...ohnu nu milda ki hai....kuch nayi.....hockey de maximum legends punjab to nikle ne....buh ohna de naa tak vee lokaan nu pata nayi hone.....

kayi lokaan nu taan eh vee nayi pata c vee india da flag bearer kaun c.....

aus open wele main apne sareya indian frenz nu pucheya mere naal sania mirza da match dekhan jaan layi.....koi tyaar nayi hoeya....ik friend taan kenda j cricket hunda te main chal vee painda tennis kine dekhni ae....

jido tak lokaan da aaha attitude nayi badalda kuch nayi ho sakda.....

aus di cricket team te sareya nu pata kini wadiya ae....buh j ethe ik paase cricket match hove te duje paase footy....jehdi ki sirf aus ch hi khedi jaandi ae.....zada janta footy dekhan jaugi......

yaar ess coun ch loki sports nu eni imp dende aa ki dassaan.....te india ch....jehda koi hockey, athletics, wargiya games khedda ohnu koi pachaanda vee nayi.......