Baba Ramdev forgives government

Lily

B.R
Staff member
2197413363.jpg
Hardwar: Yoga guru Baba Ramdev, who is continuing his fast against corruption here, Monday said he had forgiven the government for the action against him and his supporters at Ramlila ground in Delhi.

But he said police could try to destroy evidence of the "hooliganism".

"The atrocities on me and thousands of my followers, the conspiracy to murder me, I have personally forgiven them," Ramdev told reporters two days after he was evicted from the capital.

But he said, "The country and the world will never forgive them".

He also alleged that police were trying to destroy the evidence of their atrocities. "If the police has not done anything wrong, why did they snatch the CCTV footage from our workers," he said.

Hooliganism

"This is hooliganism of police, they edited the CCTV footage and released the CD. They lodged false cases on our workers," he said.

Delhi Police yesterday said they seized recordings of surveillance cameras installed at yoga guru Baba Ramdev's anti-corruption fast venue at Ramlila ground here last week as part of an investigation.

Swoop

"The organising committee installed the CCTVs in co-ordination with police as a safety measure. As a part of investigation we have seized them," Delhi Police spokesperson Rajan Bhagat said.

"The CCTVs were installed on our insistence," he added.

Hundreds of police personnel swooped down on the Ramlila ground just after Saturday midnight when most people at the venue of Ramdev's agitation were asleep.

Police used batons and tear gas shells to evict the yoga guru and his supporters, triggering chaos and clashes. "The police took away the footage stored on several hard disks along with equipment supplier Prabhat," Ramdev supporter Anuj Som said.

According to Som, Prabhat, who has an electronic equipment shop in Savitri Nagar, is missing.

Switched off

"When I last contacted him he said that police were taking him to Kamla Market police station. However, his phone is switched off since and there is no news of his whereabouts," said Som.

Ramdev also said the supporters were beaten and sent back in trains so that there is no one to tell the media what police did.

"Thousands of people were injured, police stuffed them into trains and sent them back so that no one tells the media what the police did," Ramdev added.

Ramdev is continuing his fast at his ashram against corruption and black money stashed abroad.
[/img][/COLOR]

pps309

Prime VIP
This is sad and ugly on the part of govt.
Whoever is Baba Ramdev, a Yoga Guru or political activist, but police cannot act like goonda and take away videos, suppliers and terrorize the people. If they wanted to evacuate the ground they could have done announcement and have done this in day light, just to keep the safety of citizens in mind.

Timing and method was totally wrong.