Americans too living illegally in India

prithvi.k

on off on off......
Mumbai: That many Pakistanis and Bangladeshis are staying illegally in India is known to most of us.What many might not be aware is that there are a number of nationals from first world countries too who have overstayed their welcome here,for various reasons.

The arrest and subsequent interrogation of David Headley,an American pakistani national turned-LeT jihadi,has put the spotlight on the grave threat to Indias national security from outsidersover the last few years various police agencies have booked foreigners from more than 45 countries living illegally in India.

Information compiled by the Union home ministry shows that in 2008,65,149 foreign nationals were found living in India even after their visas had expired.The same year,13,995 foreigners had to be deported from the country.The figures for 2009 are still being compiled.
What comes as a big surprise is that a few thousand citizens from several first world countries like the USA,UK,New Zealand,Germany and even Japan and South Korea are living illegally in India.The list also included 479 Chinese.Not all of them may be as innocent as it seems.It is not enough to say that they stayed on with friends or relatives,lost track of time exploring India or overstayed a work permitwhich are the usual excuses, said a police officer.Headley has redefined the meaning of Indias threat perception, said an intelligence official who spoke to TOI on condition of anonymity.

He said that for long,citizens of friendly or developed countries were not on the radar of security agencies.It is because of this reason that terror groups are increasingly turning to recruits from these groups to carry out their work.This was shown in the case of Headley in Mumbai and in America where the failed Times Square bomb attack was carried out by their own naturalised citizen, he explained.

begger bangladeshi...terrorist pakistan in top 3
icon8.gif

i think the list is wrong there r more bangladeshi..some lakhs in india..especially in assam side,bengal and some near cities of delhi...its a huge security threat for india.

prithvi.k

on off on off......
Beggar in India is a millionaire in Bangladesh
AJMER: For Mohammed Jakir, an illegal immigrant from Bangladesh, begging may have begun as a compulsion but through his ingenuity he turned it into a career option.

The 42-year-old amputee, who begged in Indian cities for more than two decades, is today known to be a rich man in Bangladesh.

Indian intelligence sleuths, who nabbed Jakir after learning about his all-too-frequent visits to Bangladesh, claim that his wealth in that country could be around Rs 75 lakh!

Jakir crossed over to India illegally in 1986 at the Benapura Indo-Bangladesh border. Without hands to work with, he realised begging was his only option and he did so for years on streets near Gateway of India, Mumbai. The money he made not only supported his family in Mumbai but also helped him save.

"I earned a lot in Mumbai. Indians have sympathy for the handicapped. One man even donated Rs 1,100 to me," revealed Jakir during interrogation by the cops in Ajmer, who arrested him on Saturday night. It's learnt that Jakir, son of Mohammed Ali, is from Mohammedpura district, Bangladesh.

"My earning was so good that I could marry Naseema, a teenage girl, and buy a house at Murtinagar and raise a family with her," he says. They had five children, four of them girls.

Naseema eventually left for Delhi with her kids. "Somehow, the hearts of people changed; their sympathy faded. Two years ago, I left Mumbai and arrived at Ajmer for 'Urs'. It proved to be the right decision.

bhag yaha se bhikari lol