Amarinder Singh does Badal bashing

Lily

B.R
Staff member
Moga February 6:

Punjab Pradesh Congress Committee (PPCC) president Amarinder Singh has given a wake-up call to the people of Punjab to root out the Badal family from power to pave the way for building a prosperous state for future generations.

Coming back into form after a dismal performance in the Maghi Mela conference at Muktsar, in an unprecedented gathering at a rally here this afternoon, he scoffed at the SAD-BJP blaming them for “misrule, corruption and the poor fiscal management”. He promised the people that if voted to power in the coming Assembly poll, he would set the things in order by bringing in reforms and vision-oriented policies for all sections of society.

He said the winds of change were visible. “The Badal family has done nothing for the state except making false promises only to push the state in a situation of total mess”, he alleged.He claimed that the Congress had hired a team of professionals from all corners of the country to prepare a vision plan for development in the state to take it out from the messy situation and deliver good and clean governance.

He also questioned the genuineness of the state government’s claims about development while pointing out that they (Akalis) had no money to do so saying that the treasury was empty and the state had withheld the payment against bills worth Rs 1,000 crore for the past two months.

Quoting the example of water issues, he alleged Akalis resorted to fake protests and “morchas” and pushed the state into dark days resulting in the killing of many people. “During my rule, I brought a Bill in the Assembly and annulled all water agreements showing a bold face before the nation for the sake of my people and the state”, he claimed. Earlier, Leader of Opposition Rajinder Kaur Bhattal alleged that both CM Parkash Singh Badal and his son Sukhbir Badal were making false promises to the people.

“They are claiming for carrying out development works but forget to tell the people that all money being used in Punjab comes from the Centre”, she said. She said in the coming Budget session, Congress MLAs had prepared themselves to expose the SAD-BJP government for “misleading the people on grants being sent by the Centre for development works”.

Local MLAs Darshan Singh Brar and Joginder Pal Jain also addressed the gathering highlighting the “atrocities committed by the Akali leadership on Congress workers”, to which, Amarinder responded by saying: “I promise you all that I will hold each and every police officer and Akali leader accountable for cases of atrocities committed on our workers”.