Punjab News Amarinder releases list of 51 achievements

Lily

B.R
Staff member
Chandigarh July 1:

Punjab Pradesh Congress Committee president Amarinder Singh released a list of 51 achievements of his government between 2002 and 2007 and asked Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Badal to show if he really had anything to his credit.

Responding to Mr Badal's demand that he should count five of his achievements, Capt Amarinder said in the first phase he was not releasing just five but the list of 51 achievements during his regime and added ''let Mr Badal show his achievements, if he has any.'' He said in stark contrast, the Akali government had not a single achievement to its credit. He said the claims to generate surplus power, metro train and ring road in Ludhiana, to name only a few, had already fallen flat.

Capt Amarinder said the entire Punjab knew about his achievements as the Chief Minister. ''But for the information of the Deputy Chief Minister who loves to remain blissfully ignorant about everything I have released the list of 51 achievements of my government and if Sukhbir wants more I can come out with many more.'' The PPCC leader pointed out that his government had sanctioned 367 mega projects with an estimated investment of more than Rs one lakh crore with job prospects for more than 13 lakh people. ''Have you added anything beyond this count?'' he asked Mr Sukhbir Badal.

The former Chief Minister said his government had enacted Punjab Termination of Water Sharing Agreements 2005, ensured hassle free procurement of food-grains, introduced BT Cotton, set up Punjab Farmers’ Commission, brought in many private players to encourage diversification and introduced the farm to fork concept. On the power front, he said, his government ensured, regular and un-interrupted power supply for eight hours to farmers, decided to commission the Lehra Mohabbat Plant: Stage III to get 500 MW power which stood commissioned now.