All students of Super30 crack IIT-JEE

prithvi.k

on off on off......
All the 30 students of Super 30, Bihar's free coaching centre for poor students in Patna, cracked IIT-JEE this year.

"All the 30 students have cleared IIT-JEE," Anand Kumar, the institute's director-cum-founder said at a press conference on Wednesday.

It is a matter of great pleasure as we have achieved it again, he said, adding that since the inception of the coaching centre in 2002, a total of 212 students have cleared IIT-JEE examination, which is considered as one of the toughest examinations in the world. "We are now going to expand this to 60 students, so that more people can benefit," he added.

Kumar said the students hail from very poor families and commit themselves to a year of 16-hour study each day after passing a competitive test to get into the coaching centre.

The celebration after the results are also unique at the institute - a meal shared by all 30 students of Super 30. One of the students at the institute Richir Sinha said," I wish my rank was higher."

"Now we will try to arrange loans for the education of the poor students who qualified for IITs," he said. :wah

Kumar, who himself missed a chance to study at Cambridge due to lack of money, gives full scholarships including room and travel to the students.

When contacted Shubham Kumar Gautam from Nalanda, whose father is a poor farmer with income less than Rs 2500 per month, said he would not have been able to qualify for IIT had Super 30 not helped him.

The institute figured in Best of Asia list of Time magazine a fortnight ago.
---------

Very nice....I Salute the institute