all options open to dismantle terrorists
New Delhi/Islamabad: India said on Wednesday it would keep all options open to dismantle "terror outfits" after the Mumbai attacks and Pakistan finally confirmed the lone surviving gunman was Pakistani.
Pakistan's Prime Minister dismissed his National Security Adviser shortly afterwards.
India had been saying for weeks that Mohammad Ajmal Amir Kasab, who was captured after the November attacks, was from Pakistan.
The Prime Minister's office said Mahmud Ali Durrani had been sacked "for his irresponsible behaviour for not taking the prime minister and other stakeholders into confidence, and a lack of coordination on matters of national security."
Indian officials have shown increasing frustration at what they see as Pakistan's unwillingness to fully investigate the attacks in November by 10 terrorists that killed 179 people.
"I say we are keeping all options open," Indian External Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee told a news channel.
Defence Minister AK Antony, too, made similar comments.
Information Minister Sherry Rehman said initially on Wednesday the gunman had links with Pakistan and that the investigation was continuing.
"We have confirmed it," she said, referring to the fact he was a Pakistani citizen.
The Hindu newspaper published details from India's dossier of evidence on Wednesday, including what it said were transcripts of conversations between handlers and the terrorists during the attack.
"Everything is being recorded by the media. Inflict the maximum damage. Keep fighting. Don't be taken alive," one handler identified as Kafa told a terrorist, the newspaper said.
"Kill all hostages, except the two Muslims. Keep your phone switched on so that we can hear the gunfire," a caller said.
The dossier has also been sent to countries whose citizens were victims of the attacks, such as the United States, as India tried to corner Pakistan diplomatically into bringing the perpetrators to justice.
David Mulford, the US Ambassador to India, said on Wednesday the evidence India had provided was "credible".
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh stepped up a war of words on Tuesday, saying for the first time the assault "must have had the support of some official agencies in Pakistan".