Akal Air: Birmingham to Amritsar

pps309

Prime VIP

Akal Air, a new private airline, is launching flights from Birmingham to Amritsar from next month to cater to the demands of nearly four lakh people of Indian origin living in the West Midlands.
Earlier, Air India operated direct flights in the Birmingham-Amritsar sector, but it withdrew the six-times-a- week service last year to focus on its operations at Heathrow. Akal Air will deploy a 228-seater Boeing 757 200, departing Birmingham on Wednesdays and Saturdays at 18.30 from April 4.
Business and civic officials in Birmingham have petitioned the Indian government to relax rules and allow Indian private airlines such as Kingfisher and Jet to operate flights in the Birmingham-Amritsar sector. Currently only Air India is allowed to operate direct flights.
Akal Air's flights from Birmingham will make a one-hour, non-transfer stop at Vienna before flying direct to Amritsar. The new service has been welcomed by the region's business community.
"Birmingham is the perfect base for Akal Air. Access to Amritsar is of huge importance to the large Punjabi and Sikh population of the Midlands taking the pilgrimage to the Golden Temple and visiting family and friends, as well as for business people trading with India's emerging and developing economy," Daljit Singh Birring, MD of Akal Air, said.

onlycheema

Banned
There was a talk for certain BILGA AIRWAYS some months ago but that flopped...the man was from bilga pind near nawanshehar.
Wadhiya Wadhiya AKAL AIR.Good Luck to you.chardhi kala babeyo.

sunnyarmaan

this is well good that from next month airline Akal Air will be departing from Birmingham to Amritsar. but i want that this flight shouldn't withdrew like Air India did. when i have my own airline i will keep its name JATT ARIWAYS OR KHANDA AIRWAYS AND IT WILL HAVE A KHANDA ON THE TOP OF THE AIRPLANE.:):yes