AAP audio leak row rages on, Patiala MP throws up names

Jaswinder Singh Baidwan

Akhran da mureed
Staff member
The controversy pertaining to the audio tape leak of the interaction between Aam Aadmi Party’s Sangrur MP Bhagwant Mann and party’s suspended leader Dr Dharamvira Gandhi took a new turn with the latter claiming that AAP leaders desirous of being the future chief ministerial candidate might be behind the leak.
Dr Gandhi, in a fresh post on his Facebook page, has challenged that he was open to probe by technical experts to prove that he had not recorded the conversation. He claimed that it was most likely the work of party leaders who were in race with Bhagwant Mann for AAP’s chief ministerial candidate for the 2017 Assembly poll.
Dr Gandhi said: “We always respected each other and not even once had any acrimony or misunderstanding on the question of leadership.”
Speaking to The Tribune, Dr Gandhi even named senior party leaders HS Phoolka and Sucha Singh Chhotepur, saying if you talk about political gains, anyone could have recorded the conversation.
Phoolka said he was never in the race of CM candidate and thus the matter should not be blown out of proportion. “I have already made it clear long time ago that I am not keen on becoming chief ministerial candidate for AAP. Besides, I don’t see any wrong in what Mann said in the audio tape since every candidate wants to strengthen his group. If Mann is doing this, what is so wrong about it,” he said.
He disagreed on the issue of Delhi government not giving autonomy to the Punjab unit, saying that it was the Punjab leadership that urged Kejriwal to send Delhi team to train volunteers here.
“AAP in Delhi had brought a new and honest style of electioneering that helped in getting record success. We wanted them to come to Punjab and fight against the corrupt election management here. So, the role of Delhi leadership in Punjab should not be questioned,” he added.