a really honest doctor in today's world

<!--StartFragment --> <ARTTITLE>Doctor turns himself in</ARTTITLE>
spacer-1.gif

Wednesday, June 27, 2007 05:16:51 pm

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=Ver_11gray id=bellyad vAlign=top align=right name="bellyad">
<!-- google_ad_region_start=article-->
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="41%" align=left border=0><COLGROUP><COL width="100%"></COLGROUP><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: white" width="100%">
</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: white" width="100%">BLAMING HIMSELF: Dr Protyud Nashkar
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>​
In a rare case of medical negligence that has everyone stumped, practising Kolkata gynaecologist Protyud Kumar Naskar, in an unprecedented move, has lodged a complaint against himself after a patient he was treating died due to an oversight.

The doctor, who owns the Southern Star Nursing Home in Sonarpur near Kolkata, has held himself responsible for the death of Prabhati Patra, a patient admitted to his nursing home on June 18 for an abortion. The man, who boasts of a spotless 23-year medical record, says he was being true to his conscience.

“I have done what I thought was right at that moment according to my conscience. Whatever action will be taken by the judicial system against me I will wel-come it. I have no regrets about my decision, I only regret the incident,” said Nashkar to TIMES NOW today (June 27).

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="37%" align=right border=0><COLGROUP><COL width="100%"></COLGROUP><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: white" width="100%">
</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: white" width="100%">VICTIM OF NEGLIGENCE: A photograph of Prabhati Patra
Patra’s uterus was accidentally perforated during the operation, leading to complications that eventually killed her. She died three days later following post-operative complications. Dr Naskar has lodged a complaint with the police charging himself with negligence. Naskar reportedly said this was the first time any of his patients died in this way. He said he tried his best to save her but failed.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
source: TIMESNOW.tv - Latest Breaking News, Big News Stories, News Videos - India, Sports, Entertainment, Business, World - Bennett, Coleman & Co and Reuters News Service

reshmi_mutiyar

LITTLE KITTEN

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=Ver_11gray id=bellyad vAlign=top align=right name="bellyad"><!-- google_ad_region_start=article-->
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="41%" align=left border=0><COLGROUP><COL width="100%"></COLGROUP><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: white" width="100%">
</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: white" width="100%">BLAMING HIMSELF: Dr Protyud Nashkar
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="37%" align=right border=0><COLGROUP><COL width="100%"></COLGROUP><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: white" width="100%">
</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: white" width="100%">

soWELL DONE DOCTOR JI,,, APPLAUDS TO YOU 4 YOUR HONESTY