A campaign that would remind you to rescue Syrian children instead of Pokémon

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
A little girl looks dejectedly at the camera, holding a picture of a Pokemon character. Some might mistake the photograph to be that of a child demanding a new toy, but sadly, it is not.

Cn9vsTmWIAAPPH6jpglarge-1.jpg

إعلام قوى الثورة @RFS_mediaoffice
I am from #Syria... save me!#PokemonInSyria #PokemonGO#PrayForSyria
4:40 PM - 22 Jul 2016

The image, and several others like it are of Syrian children, waiting to be rescued. The images are a part of a new social media campaign by the Revolutionary Forces of Syria Media Office (RFS), a media outlet for spreading the messages of Syrians against Bashar al-Assasd's presidential regime. The campaign, after the raging success of Pokemon Go, is aimed at raising awareness about the condition of children in the war-torn country of Syria with the help of these Pokemon characters.

"If you are looking for a Pokemon, you can find it in Syria...save it," the caption reads. If you translate the words in the image, they say: "I am here, come save me". It is in lines with the catch-phrase 'Gotta catch 'em all' that is associated with the international craze of Pokemon Go. The images also specify the locations of these children, waiting to be rescued.
The Syrian civil war, going on for over five years now, has displaced millions, forcing them to leave their home country. Thousands of children have died in the country or while trying to migrate to safer lands. The situation continues to be grim.

Cn0hBRNWEAAuFDcjpglarge-1.jpg

ポコニャン @poconyan69
إعلام قوى الثورةさんのツイート: "#PrayForSyria I am from #Syria come to save me!!! pic.twitter.com/1lgVvxgzre" http://pinterest.com/pin/404409241521797356/
7:52 AM - 22 Jul 2016

CoCYgt0WAAAgbxZ-1.jpg

#PokemonInSyria #PokemonGO#PrayForSyria
2:17 PM - 23 Jul 2016

CoALCKUWEAEvvJI-1.jpg

#PokemonInSyria #PokemonGO#PrayForSyria
3:59 AM - 23 Jul 2016

The images have been widely circulated on social media with people expressing frustration about little to no attention being paid to the suffering in Syria.