95-year-old priest molested "maybe 20 boys" and was asked to pray more as punishment

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
95-year-old priest molested "maybe 20 boys" and was asked to pray more as punishment

A 95-year-old Catholic priest admitted sexually abusing "maybe 20" boys and was told to pray more as penance.
Rev Louis Brouillard, a priest in Guam, US, confessed his sins to other priests decades ago, but no one asked him to stop. They told him to "do better" along with regular penance in the form of prayers, reported AP .
He also revealed having an impression that kids "liked it", so he "went ahead".

"But now of course, I know it's wrong and I'm paying for it," Brouillard said.
Brouillard served from 1940s to 1970s and taught at San Vicente and Father Duenas Memorial schools. He does not remember how many boys he molested and says "I have no idea. Maybe 20."
Victim speaks up
A 73-year-old man, a former altar boy, during a hearing this week in the Guam Legislature testified that he was abused by the priest in mid-1950s. However, Brouillard said he did not remember Leo B Tudela.
The priest has not been defrocked for his action and lives in Pine City, Minnesota. He receives a small pension from the church and has volunteered with the local Meals on Wheels program for 30 years to mend his wrongdoings.
"I regret with all my heart that I did anything wrong to them," he said. "I am praying for the boys and hope that they can forgive me and that God can."