6 death over eggs

prithvi.k

on off on off......
A 47-year-old eastern Kentucky man went on a rampage in a trailer park Saturday morning and killed five people with a shotgun before turning the gun on himself, state police said.

A relative of two of the victims told the Associated Press that the shootings in Breathitt County happened after an argument between the gunman, Stanley Neace, and his wife over how she cooked his eggs.

Sherri Anne Robinson answered at a phone listing for Neace and told the AP she is a relative of two of the victims. She said witnesses to the shootings told her that Neace became enraged when his wife did not cook his breakfast to his liking.

Robinson said that when his wife fled to a neighbor's trailer, Neace followed and shot his wife, his stepdaughter and three witnesses.

Robinson said a sister and a cousin of hers are among the victims, and the rest are her friends. Robinson said her sister was shot in front of her sister’s young daughter.

"Her daughter said, 'Please, please don't shoot me,' and he said, 'All right, you can leave,' and she ran out," Robinson told the AP. "She went and told her neighbors, and the neighbors called the law."

She said one of the people Neace shot was a witness who had stepped out on her porch to see what was going on.

"Over eggs?" Robinson said. "I thought that was crazy. Really. I mean just because his eggs weren't hot?"

The shooting happened around 11:35 a.m. in the Mount Carmel community, near Jackson, the Kentucky State Police said. Breathitt County is almost 90 miles southeast of Lexington and has a population of about 16,100.

Trooper Jody Sims of the Hazard post said Neace apparently used a 12-gauge shotgun and shot himself while standing on his porch.

All six people were pronounced dead at the scene by the Breathitt County coroner’s office.

The five victims were identified as: Sandra J. Neace, 54, of Vancleve, Ky.; Dennis J. Turner, 31, of Vancleve; Sandra R. Strong, 28, of Vancleve; Tammy R. Kilborn, 40, of Jackson; and Teresa G. Fugate, 30, of Jackson. All of the bodies were taken to the state medical examiner’s office in Frankfort for autopsies, state police said.