3-year-old wins Dh1m in National Bonds

Lily

B.R
Staff member
Dubai: He looks up and smiles when he hears his father call him "Al Millionaire Al Sagheer" [small millionaire].
Oblivious to his title as the youngest National Bond millionaire, three-year-old Khalifa Nasser Mubarak, an Emirati, is happy to ride the brand new bicycle that his father bought for him.
The feeling of being a millionaire has not sunk in yet for his father Nasser Mubarak who had to wake his wife in the middle of the night to read the message on his mobile that said that his youngest son Khalifa won a million dirhams in National Bonds.

He is the winner of the million dirham prize in National Bonds' 27th monthly draw.

"We were in Bahrain when I got the message on my mobile phone. I keep my mobile phone switched off during the day while I am out of the country and only switch it on at night to check if there are any messages. When I read the message of Khalifa winning a million dirhams, I woke my wife and made her read it again just in case I had got it wrong. The feeling was incredible," said Nasser, who works in the army.
Disbelief

While his parents were busy going over the message, little Khalifa was fast asleep alongside his elder brother seven-year-old Khalid.
Their father Nasser told Gulf News: "It's unbelievable that we won a million. I am going shopping. I bought my son Kahlifa a brand new bicycle which is what he wanted me to buy for him," said the happy father.
Nasser says he plans to spend the money wisely and would invest in buying two apartments in the name of his sons.
"The remaining will go to buy a villa for my family. Currently we live in a rented house. Everything in Dubai has become so expensive and the money came at a very appropriate time for us," he said.