12 yr old Indian boy, brutally thrashed in Oz

prithvi.k

on off on off......
A 12-year-old Indian boy had to undergo an eye surgery after he was punched by two youths in Melbourne recently

Indian boy undergoes eye surgery after Oz attack

Melbournne: In another vicious attack against Indians in Australia, a 12-year-old student was bullied and brutally punched in the face and had to undergo a surgery to reconstruct his eye socket.
The boy, who asked not to be named, told The Age newspaper that two boys, whom he did not know, came up behind him at lunchtime on October 18, outside the school co-ordinator’s office at Carwatha College in Noble Park here.

“For no reason they came behind me with a scarf and were pulling me. When I told them to stop, one of them punched me in the eye,” the victim said. The boy’s father said his family has been so traumatised that he is considering returning to Goa. The family now felt “scared and insecure in this area and school”, he said.
He said his son had to have a titanium plate inserted under his eye and he feared there would be permanent damage. “I feel he was attacked because he was black, because of his skin colour,” his father said.
However, the Carwatha College principal Bronwyn Hamilton said the incident was being probed thoroughly and she was convinced it was not a racist attack. She said, “There has not been any other incidents involving these two particular students.” But she admitted the injuries were serious. “The student concerned was suspended and expulsion proceedings have commenced. We have taken immediate action.” AGENCIES